Way back in the mid-2000’s, we worked with Serena Fox Design to design/build a website for Long Beach Island real estate broker Joy Luedtke. Joy was a frequent visitor to the Mad River Valley. Her real estate agency specialized in beautiful beachfront homes and land on New Jersey’s LBI. We built a content managed website and used an IDX feed to allow searching of LBI’s listings via the multiple listing service (MLS).
We managed a small Adwords campaign, supported the site and trained the staff on entering content. The site performed just fine but over the last few years, visits started to spend less time and leave after one page – especially visitors on mobile devices. Bounce rates increased and pageviews decreased. In addition, recent upgrades to IDX/MLS data providers APIs gave us all the tech we needed to suggest a serious overhaul to joyislbi.com.
- Universal Analytics upgrade with Google Tag Manager integration
- Advanced analytics tracking (events, conversions, cross-domain tracking)
- Responsive layout that adapts to desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- IDX Broker customization – The website uses a third-party MLS application to show all local listings. We customized the look and functionality. Also applied a new mobile-first template.
- Built a new CMS with usage tracking
The new website has been live for a week now. We did a quick comparison of the two weeks before and after the launch. The numbers (at least most of them) are in the green! Users are staying longer and the bounce rate has dropped (especially on mobile and tablet devices).